Mary Ann Newbill
Having extensive experience as both a college consultant and a life coach, Mary Ann Newbill is uniquely qualified to advise and support students and families through the college process.
Credentials and Memberships:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Master’s Degree in Guidance and Counseling
- Co-founder www.myFootpath.com, a company that helps students find their path
- Adjunct Faculty, Mott Community College, teaching College Survival Skills and Stress Management
- Member National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC)
- Member Michigan Association for College Admission Counseling (MACAC)
- Associate Member Independent Educational Consultants Association (IECA)
Mary Ann’s affiliations provide opportunities to keep current through conferences, webinars, and college tours and by networking with other professionals in the college counseling and admissions field.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Mary Ann has visited countless college campuses, most recently in Maryland and D.C., Louisiana, Colorado, Toronto, California and throughout the Midwest.
- Mary Ann has had students attend Harvard, Stanford, Dartmouth, Penn, Georgetown, Notre Dame, University of Chicago, Johns Hopkins, Reed, Brown, the University of Michigan and Michigan State University, as well as many other public and private colleges.
- Served as Midwest Regional Representative to the College Board.
- Actively participated on several NACAC and many MACAC committees.
- Elected by her peers to serve as President of MACAC
- Received the Gramenz Award, MACAC’s highest recognition for service to the profession.